Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter Weekend!  Tonight is the Easter Vigil, where they have the last procession for the week.  At the end of the procession, they rush into the church with a statue of the risen Jesus and there are fireworks and loud noises and a dove is released! Should be a party!!

Besides being super excited for tonight's festivities, I've been working very hard on studio, surprisingly enough.  I've gone back to first year techniques of hand drawing, and successfully done the base work for 12 different sheets, including plans, elevations, sections and perspectives. Kelsey then transfers them to the final sheets and adds all the details and makes them pretty.  It's a great team effort.  After we get all our sheets finished, Kelsey will be watercoloring while I am writing all the text for descriptions of diagrams and designs. 

It's amazing how productive you can be when Italy is outside your studio window.  I am proud to say we've spent a total of about 12 days actually working on studio this semester, and it's my favorite project yet - the biggest and the most detailed one, too.

I'll post pictures of my progress so you can see it's not just vacation time over here.  I'm going to be missing ham and cheesy potatoes tomorrow, so everyone better have two helpings of each for me.  Also the green jello stuff.

Love everyone!  See you at my welcoming party in 26 days! :-)

Cara Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment