Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Carrots were a bad idea.

Last night I went to bed sad because I knew there was going to be a butt-whooping of K-State basketball later that night, and woke up in shock to find an e-mail from my mom saying we had won! I looked on my news feed, and low and behold it was at the top of the popular stories! I read the whole story at 7:45 am and woke my roommates up to start spreading the great news.  I am still wondering why we had class today, we should have been celebrating like they were in Aggieville at the same time I was in class.  Oh well, we'll celebrate with some wine at dinner (as usual), GO CATS!

For lunch today we had a delicious type of risotto, some cole-slaw-like stuff, pigs in a blanket, and quiche.  The quiche....where to begin.  We have found that whatever we don't eat one day, such as spinach or, in this case, carrots, ends up in our meals the next day, usually in the form of soup or pasta.  The first time we had quiche there were slivers of potatoes on top, and it was delicious! We've had spinach quiche, ham and potatoes quiche, but today there was carrot quiche.  Terrible idea.  They didn't bother cutting the carrots into smaller pieces, so in the midst of scrambled eggs trying to hold themselves together were thick slices of carrots, from the fresh veggies of yesterday.  Every time anyone tried to serve themselves, they would get a small chunk of egg and then the carrots would spill out of the quiche, pulling the piece apart and creating a pile of orange and yellow confusion.  Point being, don't try this at home.  I stuck to the risotto and piggies after a massive quiche failure. 

Laundry is still on the line, but some of it is almost dry...I've been bringing in whatever I want to wear the next day and drying it overnight with the vent on in our bathroom.  Tonight I'm going to have to bring it all in, because there is rain in the forecast for tomorrow!  Trip to Sienna tomorrow, and this weekend we have booked a trip to Milan! We will be stopping in the Ferrari Factory on the way to Milan, and while the boys are at a soccer game, my roomies and I will be hitting up the shops!  So excited!

Cara Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment