Thursday, January 27, 2011

Silence of the Lambs

Today we had our first studio class. It was at 10am, so naturally we slept until 9:30.  I must brag that I have to walk downstairs, inside, to get to all my classes. No trekking through weather, rarely running late, and naps between classes are in my bed - not on a cement floor with carpet tiles on it.  In studio we did some exercises to make the "think outside the box" point. One was a team effort to stack our group's shoes as high as we can, naturally we won.  Hollar to Chip's seminar section.

We did have to walk outside to get to our actual studio room, but only for one week while they do something in the hall, I wasn't paying attention to what they're doing...  In studio we got all the desks set up, and we staked out some spots next to the radiator.  Fun fact - our building was built in 1587. BC. Just kidding, 1587 AD....

After our studio class we headed to lunch half an hour early, starved because we traded breakfast for sleep. Lunch was lintel soup, which was pretty delicious!  Also green beans, and the ladies in the kitchen attempted some fried foods - onion rings, fried colliflouer, and other veggies I didn't try. The main course was some fish, and yes I did eat it despite my issues with seafood from being raised in the midwest. Of course it was all delicious. And I think, minus the fried stuff, it was slightly healthy. Point for me!

Drumroll please: SPILL OF THE DAY!
Today wasn't necessarily a spill, more like a disaster.  I had a blood orange for dessert at lunch (dessert is always fruit except on Sundays) and my attempt at peeling it was more like a murder scene.  It was all over my hands, face, some in my lap although I didn't admit that earlier today, and it seemed to be a precursor to what would follow dinner - watching Silence of the Lambs.

Anyways, after lunch we did some Italian and learned about trains. Then we were free to wander the town, and Kelsey, Marissa and I did a great job at getting lost.  Luckily, my GPS kicked in right when we had absolutely no idea how to get out of the neighborhood streets.  When looking at the map, it looks like a giant knot with some loose strings...check it out. It's interesting. And extremely confusing. 

We got back for dinner and had a delicious meal.  Something on the menu was "puree" which turned out to be mashed potatoes!!!!!  There was also the tomato basil pasta, salad and roast beef.  The Texas A&M people got here today, so it was a full house.  The building has gotten much warmer, Marissa credits it to the increasing kinetic energy. 

After dinner I took a wonderful nap while Marissa and Kelsey showered, and then we headed to the basement for some enterntainment.  First we were spectators in an intense Cranium game, followed by Silence of the Lambs.  Pretty good movie, but now I'm worried someone is going to come up to me and eat my face.  I also feel guilty for the blood orange incident earlier today.

From what I hear my parents have been partying it up since my departure, going to Green Lantern Imax in Orlando, and HOGWART'S too. And they say I'm spoiled!?

Tomorrow we head to Arezzo.  Arrivederci a tutti!

Cara Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment