Monday, March 28, 2011

Home Sweet Sort-of Home

So I’m lying in my bed in Santa Chiara, it’s almost 7pm, and I have successfully not done anything today.  We woke up with high hopes of accomplishing a lot, but after we ate lunch in our room, we couldn’t help but postpone laundry and take a nap.  We agreed on doing laundry after dinner, but we’ll see how that works out.  Spring break was an exhausting experience.  The days we spent at the beach were my favorites, but it would have been better if the temperature was just a bit warmer.  We had highs in the 60s and lows in the mid-40s.  At least this is better than Kansas’s snow, I guess!  In a couple weeks we’ll be taking a girl trip to the famous Cinque Terre for Kelsey’s birthday, on April 16th.  We should be able to lounge on the beach all weekend by then. 
We got back home yesterday evening, showered and went to get a pizza at our favorite place, Pirate Bar.  We hung out and exchanged spring break stories with everyone for a while, and then headed back to our room and passed out.  I even slept under the sheets for the first time this semester! After all the hostel experiences I had in the past two weeks, I am finally comfortable with Santa Chiara’s level of cleanliness.  I’d say that’s quite an accomplishment. 
This week brings our last trip to Florence for the semester on Wednesday, and a trip to a vineyard on Friday.  On Saturday we discussed having a masquerade in Orvieto, since most of us bought masks from Carnivale.  Since the Castiglion F.no kiddos will have to pay to get there, the Orvietians have discussed feeding us! Yay!  Some of the other things we talked about include a soccer game between the two schools, and then an apartment crawl, where we would eat a bit at one apartment, and then move to the next apartment, etc., until we head to the previously discussed Beer House.  I’m excited, but I have to get a mask because I was too picky when we were in Venice.  That’s on the to-do list for Florence.

Cara Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment