Thursday, March 24, 2011

Valencia

Wednesday brought us an early morning and a train to Valencia.  We had dreamed of spending a relaxing couple of days on the beach, but arrived to a rainy and windy few days.  Very depressing, but Valencia was a bust.  We went to the Rio, which is a dried up river turned into a huge winding park.  Rachel and I explored a little and played on some of the contraptions they call toys.  We couldn’t figure out how to use some of them!  There were lots of spinning and climbing things.  We went back to the hostel where Kelsey was napping, trying to get over a cold, and we walked to a grocery store to get some cheap dinner.  We made some sandwiches and salad and played card games that evening. 

Spill of the day was a crime scene of a mess.  I was going to set a glass on a coffee table, but my hand decided it didn’t want to hold it anymore and just dropped it on the ground.  It was only about a 6 inch drop, but the glass shattered into a million pieces, and the glass shards spread out creating a firework shape.  After I swept it all up I noticed a couple pieces I missed, and when I went to grab them I poked my finger.  I didn’t think it was that bad, but Alex pointed out to me I was dripping blood on the ground – woops!  In the time it took the front desk to find a band-aid it stopped bleeding on its own, there were no casualties.

Cara Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment