Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mardi Gras

I'm going to make this one short and sweet, because my computer is about to die and I don't want to walk up the four flights of stairs to get my cord...

Tuesday was Mardi Gras, and we went to the Velvet to celebrate for a bit.  After we had been there for half an hour or so, Italians started coming in wearing masks.  We assumed this was because of Carnivale, and we weren't surprised, but then a nurse costume came in, then the Ninja Turtles, then all sorts of crazy costumes, including some Scottish warriors.  Apparently, Mardi Gras is equivalent to Halloween in the states! We were all very disappointed that we didn't come prepared, especially since we had all been in togas during dinner.  Don't ask why, it was just Toga Tuesday.  I wanted to wear mine out but my roommates wouldn't let me.

So for all the people going to Italy in the spring, remember to bring your Halloween costume.  We asked our RA's why they didn't tell us, and they said they had no idea.  They showed up on Halloween in full costume, while all the Italians just stared at them. 

Computer dying, will update on Assisi tomorrow!

Cara Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment